Yesterday I spent the day in Solitude with God. I stayed all night in a cabin and woke up early in the morning and spent time in God’s Word. After some time I decided to go for a hike. Along the way I found a herd of sheep grazing in a field and decided to sit and watch them for a while. As I observed what the shepherd was doing I was reminded of God calling us the sheep and Jesus our Good shepherd. I made this video of my thoughts! Throughout the day I walked and sat and prayed. Here are a couple things God taught me through the time:
1. I need to be willing to listen to the Shepherd’s voice, as well as know what it sounds like!
2. I can’t wait for a day of solitude and expect God to give me some grand breakthrough, I must rely on the daily activity of waiting on and listening to God.
3. I must spend more time with people, with my students. It is easy for me to want to do busy work, being an introvert. I need to spend more of my time with students, just being.
4. God desires that I give all my time to Him. Not to take “off” moments to do what I want. This requires that I am more scheduled with my time.
5. God isn’t interested in merely my devotion to His ministry, but is interested in my heart.