This year’s Spring conference was amazing! It was such a great time to spend with the JV Family and to just rest and get refreshed in my life. Thankfully this year I did not injure myself again. One of the really fun things we did was go to the zoo with the JV kids and spent the afternoon playing an Instagram game . It was a great time to build into some of the JV Kids. Our group did very well in the game.
The theme this year at conference was the upside down kingdom. It was about how the Kingdom of Christ is different even turned upside down from what humans think it should be. Dave shared 7 keys to the upside down kingdom:
1. Repent and Believe – The Kingdom is near.
2. Worry? – Seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness and all these things will be added to you.
3. Judgement? – There is only one lawgiver and and judge, Jesus, the righteous one.
4. Needs? – Ask, Seek, Knock.
5. Treasure? – Treasure stored in heaven will never disappear or be destroyed.
6. Leadership? – Upside down leadership leads by service and sacrifice, rather than position and power.
7. Life? – Die to live, Lose to Find.
These were really good things for me to be reminded of in my life. One of the biggest things I was reminded of is the importance of dying to self daily to follow Christ and live. During the conference I had a good time of prayer with one of my mentors and confessed some things in my life and committed again to continue dying to self in my life. One great result happened because of this. Please read my next Blog to find out.